Monday, September 12, 2011

Neapolitan Cupcakes


Awesome cupcakes for the children!  I used the Vanilla Cupcake Recipe I have previously posted here http://sliceinthelifeofjulie.blogspot.com/2011/04/jacks-blue-cupcakes.html

I split the mixture into three and left one untouched, added a tablespoon of cocoa mixed in a little hot water to the second and added red food colouring and strawberry essence to the third.  I then spooned a tablespoon of each into cupcake papers and baked.


For the frosting I used a plain buttercream.  I halved the mixture and to one half added vanilla and to the second half added red food colouring and strawberry essence.  I then placed alternate spoonfuls of the two mixtures into my piping bag and piped on the cakes, adding ice cream wafers and chocolate hail as decorations.  Kids loved them .... as did the husband!


No comments: