Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis' the Season for Giving


This Friday is the break up and total resolution of the Hamilton South KiwiMums group.  I've been attending this group for around 18months now, along with serving on the small committee, and I am sad that we're ending.  Boo.

I offered to put together a few treats for the mummies and my challenge was doing this on a really tight budget.  One of things that seems to regularly come up in our discussions is how tired we are as busy mums and how hard it can be to have some timeout during the day.  We've all agreed that even 5 minutes alone to enjoy a cup of tea and a quick flick through a magazine can do wonders to boost our energy, so I wanted the presents to reflect this in some way.


I found some mugs at The Warehouse for .69cents each.  Bargain!  And then popped along to the supermarket and purchased tea, hot chocolate and some yummy chocolates - all on special of course.  Then it was off to the $2 shop to purchase some cellophane, and for $3 each I have 12 presents wrapped and ready to be distributed to our mummies.  I think I did well.

Not wanting the children to miss out either, I used this idea I found here for packets of Reindeer Noses.  Great idea and really effective.  And the hubby and I are enjoying all the leftover Maltesers.

No comments: