Monday, January 23, 2012

A Quilting Addiction?....

I wasn't going to reveal any of my New Years resolutions.  One reason being that I hadn't really made that many, and the second reason being that when you reveal resolutions, you are accountable for sticking to them.  And I am not that good at that.

But here I am ..... revealing one of my resolutions, which is to complete the 4 quilt kits that I have sitting in my cupboard, and to buy and sew the 2 quilt kits I want to do for the boys.  Here I am being accountable.  I am going to do it!!

So the first to be completed is The Girls single bed quilt, of which I have cut out and now need to place and sew:


The next two are quilts for myself.  I know, shock horror, something for myself!!  Now the photo below just does not do the colours in this quilt justice.  I saw this in Donna's Quilt Studio and I dreampt about it for days until I went back and brought the kit.  Its beautiful.


And this one, for me, feels so romantic, I can't wait to snuggle up in it over winter and drink alot of tea, eat alot of chocolate and read alot of books.


And the last one is another one for The Girl.  I love girly things, and I struggle to hold back now we have been blessed with a girl.  But don't worry, there are some neat things coming up for the special little men in my life. 

I came across this on Pinterest and instantly fell in love.  Its amazing.  A ruffled vintage sheet quilt. 


Check out the Under Construction blog here.  I am so in love.  I have done a spot of shopping the last week in Napier, Taupo, Rotorua and Hamilton and so far these are the sheets I have found.  I also have some sheets being shipped up from Queenstown.  So excited.


And for my boys I am wanting to make them a Dr Suess quilt each.  I like the one sold here at Cushla's Village Fabrics.  They used to do a few different kits, but I see there is only one now, so I might have to do a bit of searching to find a second one.

And there you have it.  I am now accountable for sewing a minimum of 4 quilts this year, if not 6.  Am I mad ...

No comments: