Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Cookies


This was a fun project I completed with the kids.  Danger Mouse loves being in the kitchen with me and Sprat enjoys icing biscuits as presents for everyone.  Being Easter how could I resist getting them to decorate Easter Egg shaped cookies.  While they were concentrating on painting them it gave me a good opportunity to explain why we celebrate Easter, that its not just about chocolate and bunnies.


I made my Basic Butter Biscuit recipe found here and iced with Royal Icing.  I then just mixed some liquid food colouring with a bit of water, gave the kids some paint brushes and let them go for it.


I was a bit worried about letting the children loose with food colouring, but the only messy incident we had was when I knocked over a cup of yellow food colouring!


Here is Sprat with his rainbow cookie I made him using Writing Icing.

No comments: