Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Lightbulb Moment

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front lately.  Truth be told I have been having some health issues, still unresolved, which have left me with nothing extra to give after my precious family has been looked after.

There has been a very similar theme coming from my mouth lately.  "Im too tired, I'll do it later".  "I can't go out, Im too sick".  "I'll do it tomorrow, Im too sick".  "I can't sew, Im too tired and achy".  "I haven't baked in ages, it hurts too much to stand in the kitchen"...

Well blah blah blah to that!  Im sick of it.  Since when did this illness own me?  It doesn't.  Its a tiny bit of me, not the whole of me, and I am not giving in to it.  God never gives us more than we can handle, so this is my public declaration that I am going to own this, stop wallowing in my own pity and get on with things to my best ability.  Because I can!

So its out the door misery and pity.  You are gone burger.  I've got this, I'm living this and I'm handling this. 




2 comments:

Miriam said...

go girl! x

Julie - Slice in the Life of Julie said...

Haha thank you. Nothing like a bit of empowerment to get you going again!