Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Coconut and Chocolate Coffee Roll

OK, before I start, my rolling and log making skills are non-existent.  This roll tastes really yummy, and is meant to look really pretty.  I just don't have the skill, but don't let the look of mine put you off!  It's not at all hard and I did rush mine with the help of a 3 year old (yes, blame the child...).  I will make this again shortly and see if I can improve my skills and upgrade my photos.



250 grams shortbread biscuits (either homemade or store brought, it doesn't matter)
2/3 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/3 cup strong black coffee
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
50 grams butter, softened

Place the biscuits, 1/3 cup of the icing sugar and cocoa in a food processor.  Pulse until crumbs form.  Add coffee, and pulse to combine.

Lay out a sheet of baking paper and roll the mixture into a rectangle, about 18 x 22cm.

Mix butter and rest of the icing sugar and coconut together.  Spread this over 3/4 of the biscuit mix.  Using the baking paper, roll up to make a log.  I rushed this.  What I should of done was spread the coconut mix over 3/4 of the base.  Instead I dumped it thickly on less than one half and rushed it.  Don't do this.

Chill overnight.  Before serving roll in coconut and slice to serve.  Keep refrigerated.




No comments: